Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Seseme ginger marinaded Halibut summer salad


Halibut summer salad, originally uploaded by vincent pascoe.

No that will never work, though words never stopped me before. Halibut? in a salad? why not put it on the side? what about frying it? what about salmon? No I said, I already bought the halibut and needed to make a salad. I asked every old lady in Costco, the workers in Safeway, and made a few calls. No one thought it was possible, but I did it anyway. I wondered what they would have told me if I told them the truth was I wanted to put fish and fruit together in a salad...

2/3 pound fresh halibut fillet
Fresh ground pepper
1 tsp thyme
6 springs fresh dill
1/4 cup Olive oil
1 tbs of sesame seed oil
1/2 cup Safeway sesame ginger salad dressing

Salad spring mix from
Costco
1 cup fresh sliced strawberry
1 cup blueberry
1/2 a cucumber
Cranberry balsamic vinaigrette
1/2 cup candied wallnuts

serves 2

Mix olive oil and whole halibut fillet, pepper, Dill, thyme, and seseme dressing coat both sides and let sit in refrigerator for at least 15 min

mix strawberries, blue Berry's, cucumber, wallnuts and spring salad mix.

heat 1 tbs of Olive oil in pan
remove fish from marinade cook for 4 minutes each side
remove halibut from heat let sit 5 min then slice into pieces and put on top of salad.
add salad dressing to taste

I believe cooking can be very creative especially when everyone thinking what your doing is impossible...

oh wait how does it taste... well I give it 4 out of 5 stars a nice light summer salad the halibut a good complement to the salad.


No comments: