Sunday, October 12, 2008

Shutters Yelp Review

From time to time I place reviews of all the random places I eat. Call me a brave soul or just a man with an Iron Clad Stomach I look for the places less reviewed. The smaller Non-chainy places (Although check my review of Costco for a laugh). The following is a review from the Shutters restaurant on the Santa Monica Beach.

Started out as a peace full Bike down the Santa Monica Beach became a Mad dash to try to find a restroom and perhaps a meal.

Shutters didn't really look like the place for a couple of beach cruisers from the valley to use there restroom but I was at my breaking point. After parking the bike behind a Kayak, I found Coast, a cute little restaurant that looked like a cross between Williams and sonoma and a bar. Which actually was quite nice.

Seated right at the window, your about 3 feet under the sand. You get this voyeur feeling your spying on the people passing by. Which for some might be guilt free people watching.

Had the fish Tacos which where great but really small. and the Niçoise Ahi tuna Salad... not sure if it wasn't that good or maybe I'm used to salads that have lettuce in them. either way the tuna was good, the rest of the salad not so Good.

$25 Corkage fee! Ouch Id rather naw through the cork with my teeth then pay that price... My $9 bottle of "Sofia" (the only good cheap wine Coppola makes) stayed in my back back for latter.

So if you can make it here for sunset... or for a morning brunch, I'd say give it a try. other then that the Price at over $20 a plate for small portions isn't worth it if the view is nothing but a black night.

No comments: